Wednesday, December 30, 2015

'Make Do and Mend'...and Embroider! :)

Several of us received new pillows for Christmas...

...so I decided to make pillow protectors for them.


                                       After cutting rectangles from an old sheet...

                                           ...and sewing up three of the sides...

                        ...I installed a colorful zipper in the open end of each case.


                      
                                   I also whipped up a couple of new pillowcases...

                                        ...from fabric that I found in my stash...



                     ...and with iron-on transfers found in their Christmas stockings...



                                           ...my girls 'got into the act', as well...



                                     ...adorning a couple of plain old pillow cases...



                                         ...with fun embroidery embellishments!



2 comments:

Rachel said...

And so a wonderful time was had by all - a proper domestic sewing bee!

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel- Complete with cups of tea, as well!! :)