Monday, June 26, 2017

Reversible Felted 'Japanese Knot Bag'- Part 3

The foam resist is removed...


                                       ...and the project is turned from one side...



                                                              ...to the other...



                                                            ...during felting.


    
                                                         After a final fulling...



                                            ...it's stuffed and blocked for drying.



                              The top of the long tote strap was drafted at an angle...



                                    ...(to better follow the slope of my shoulder)...



                                    ...but because I chose to make it reversible...
                                                        

                                                     ...it was a design 'fail'. :(                                                      



                                                        As befitting a sample...

                                               ...I made this project quite small.                                        

                                                      
                         (I wanted to check both the dramatically truncated strap...

                                     ...and the 'curvier' overall shape of the bag.)



                                   At first I wasn't sure whether its diminutive size...

                                      ...would lend itself to any real functionality...



                       ...but happily, it's found purpose as a 'wooden blocks keeper'...

                                                 ...for my baby grandson. :)



4 comments:

Rachel said...

So, apart from the angle on the strap, are you happy? It looks good to me, but then I can't see inside your head to see what you were aiming for!

Mind you, if we could see each other's imaginings, would that always be a good thing?

Heather Woollove said...

Rachel- Yes. I'm happy with the newer, ovoid shape and shorter strap, but I'm glad that I made a small one first, since I think that this bag is a little problematic due to its lack of a secure closure.
If I make it again, I will make quite a large one and use it as a farmer's market basket or knitting bag or something like that.
Hahahaha...depends on who the 'other' is, I think. :)

FeltersJourney said...

Love your colours Heather, I think it looks great!
Looks like it's found a good home :) xx

Heather Woollove said...

Thanks, Deborah!! Yes...I like when things have a purpose. :)